Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Plant cover in pergola

Mae
Growing in Experience

Plant cover in pergola

Bunnings delivery this morning and I got straight into putting my pieces of decking  up to make a sort of frost deterrent on the east side of my pergola. 

2BCC2A94-E517-47F7-9514-AB2C29F6038F.jpeg

CB99FEF1-AEA5-4F9A-99BF-40B515788C64.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: pergola

Hello @Mae

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your pergola project with us.

Your plants look great, are you getting a slight breeze in that area? Those panels should act as a natural windbreak once you've finished installing them. If you're getting early morning frost and you want to protect some of your plants, I suggest investing in a greenhouse. They come in different sizes so it all depends on how many plants you want to put inside.

Again, thanks for sharing your project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Old-gal24
Becoming a Leader

Re: Plant cover in pergola

Hello @Mae 

This should help a lot, amazing how a few lengths of timber can add to things.  Great work..

Depending how savage your frost are, you may need some shade cloth as well. 

I get savage frosts here so I also have some of those clear blinds that I can drop down if needed... 

This Old Gal

Mae
Growing in Experience

Re: Plant cover in pergola

Thank you i try and keep plants on the eastern side a bit hardier but I have lost some from frost just the same. I’ve considered shade cloth as well. I think I’ll just see how it goes. Thank you for your input. Much appreciated. 

Mae

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects