Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Poll: Do you prefer cats or dogs?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Poll: Do you prefer cats or dogs?

H.jpgOur furry friends can make wonderful companions and quickly become cherished members of the family. One of the most popular discussions on Workshop since we kicked off has been community members showing off their beloved pets. Please keep the photos coming!

Choosing the right pet for your home is never easy, but most people have strong feelings about whether they prefer cats or dogs. Our latest poll asks which you prefer. 

Please add your vote to the poll on the front page and feel free to discuss why you prefer cats or dogs by replying to the conversation below.

Thanks for joining in,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Re: Poll: Do you prefer cats or dogs?

@Jason I've done it again, I've forgotten how to vote. :embarassed:

@Andy_Mann

Just go to the front page and scroll down. The poll options can be found after the Join the discussion icons and before the recent community photos.

Jason

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

Thanks@Jason, fair dinkum, I'm los'n it, I couldn't see it for the life of me. :embarassed:

For the record, Tania & I are dog lovers, but our vet has a couple of resident cats that have the run of the place, & they're super cool.

Our dog was sitting on my lap waiting for the call up, & Tuna Breathe (the cat) slinked along the back of the bench seat, then glid from the armrest & snuggled between Lochie & me. Lochie didn't bat an eyelid, so we were all pretty cosy.

Deanna
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

I have both a cat and a dog, but if I could only have one, I'd have to say that I am
"team meow".

In my opinion, dogs are predicable, whereas cats -you never know what kind of attitude they are going to give you.

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Deanna, you dump on dogs because they're predictable??? :shocked:

May I ask what's your favourite day? :cheeky:

Anyways, I've worked you out, you hate paying dog registration, having a house trained pet that doesn't use a putrid inside litter box, your neighbourhood birds make too much noise & poop on your windows, you have an invasive mouse problem, pet walking & the drudgery of pooper scooping is inconvenient, & the bliss of a pet that contributes to the proliferation of ferals, that don't rely on social welfare. :think: :wink:

Deanna
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

@Andy_Mann   My favourite day is payday, which I hope to be replaced with the day I won the Lottery day  LOL

My cat has his own uniqueness.  Winston is a rescue cat that thinks he's a dog. Before we moved in June, when I walked Penny (Cavoodle) he would follow us right up to the sandy path down to the beach.  He would wait at the toilet blocks for us to come back, and follow us back home.

Winston has his collar with a bell to warn the birds, and Penny, that he's approaching.  His litterbox is outside, as he think's he's to good to be confined to a box.  There is a box for emergencies when he's in overnight. 

When my three green tree frogs croak, he runs to their tank - OK admittedly he swipes his paws on the glass 

If Penny is out back, Ive seen Winston stalk her, run up and swipe her on the behind, and take off and come back and do it again because Penny hasnt worked it out  LOL

This cat is too cool not to side with - just dont tell Penny   LOL

If they ever make another Cats v Dogs movie, my Winston should audition. 

Andy_Mann
Former Community Member

@Deanna, well done, I didn't see that Payday & Lotto win coming, & I've been chuckling about it ever since. :bigsmile:

Funny thing about bells on collars, Darcy (our current older dog) had a bell on his collar to warn Lochie (our gentle older dog at the time) that trouble was approaching. Thing is, we left the bell on Darcy's collar, it was a reminder of what he was like, but by neccessity, Connor our new pup has a bell too, but it's to warn everyone. :grin:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

More Workshop members prefer dogs to cats according to our latest poll results.

PetPoll.png

Feel free to keep the discussion going about which furry friend you prefer by replying below.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects