Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pool surround revamp

AnitaP
Having an Impact

Pool surround revamp

20220128_175944.jpg

We are replacing our pool liner, retiling the waterline, painting the fence and building a poolside cabana. I am also wanting to do something with the concrete. Something cost effective and simple. I was thinking of painting it? Is there a kind of paint that I am able to use on concrete around a pool?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Pool surround revamp

Hi @AnitaP,

Painting your concrete will breathe new life into it, be a cost-effective solution and ensures the area will be easy to maintain. You should consider products like Berger Jet Dry 10L Non Slip Texture Paint which is ideal for areas that become slippery when wet, like pool surrounds. It comes in a variety of colours so there is sure to be something that suits your needs. They've got several helpful guides on prepping your surface and applying their products.

Check out @ProjectPete's fabulous Poolside timber cabana with concrete bench for some inspiration.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@AnitaP

I thought I'd add this great guide on Five steps to create the best pool space I've just come across. Thought it might be helpful.

Mitchell

Thank you so much @MitchellMc 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

No problems @AnitaP! Keep us updated on your project, as I trust our members would love to follow along. I'm currently improving my pool area and will be keen to see what you achieve.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects