Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Re-surfacing pebblecrete

JRRed
Building a Reputation

Re-surfacing pebblecrete

Front porch westFront porch westIMG_5669.JPGLast year I posted that I had had my pebblecrete pool completely re-surfaced.  (See my first post for before and after).

Now I would like to get my front porch, which is also pebblecrete, resurfaced.  I have had some quotes to have it skimmed with concrete but they seem very expensive. 

The porch is undercover and buts up to a grey concrete drive.  As I would like to paint my driveway dark grey again, I thought a matching concrete porch would be nice.  

Is there a product I could use to re-finish the pebblecrete?  I was thinking maybe something like a paving paint.

Does it need to be sealed first?  I am really clueless when it comes to DIY but I'm willing to have a go at it.

Thanks for all your help in the past.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Re-surfacing pebblecrete

Hello @360renos 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for sharing your plans for your pool area. I've just been in contact with my local store, and they've informed me that the Megatreat product will need to be ordered from the special orders desk. 

It sounds like a very interesting project, please make sure to post an update so that our members can see what the area will look like once you start laying down the pavers.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @EricL !

Will the paint shop be able to tint the Megatreat product when it comes in?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @360renos 

Let me make further inquiries if Megatreat can be tinted. They do come in a few different colours in the Megatreat Colour chart. What colour were you planning on using? Once I have more information about tinting the product, I'll post it here as soon as I can.

Eric

Hey just letting you know bunnings don’t sell much of it anymore. I ordered directly from them!!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @awckmc1 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thanks for joining the discussion.

Thanks for that extra information, did you manage to get the Megatreat product you were after? Were you planning to use it for a particular project? If you are, please make sure to post an update, I'm sure our members would be keen to see what you're working on.

Eric

Hey @awckmc1 im curious what you used it for and what you thought of Megatreat. Did you tint it yourself or did you go with one of their premix colours? What surface did you use it on? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @360renos 

Let me tag @awckmc1 to make sure they are aware of your question. The good news is that I've spoken to Megatreat and they said that it is a tintable product. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Hey @360renos i got the textured primer after speaking by with the guys at megatreat, only thing is I haven’t had a chance to give it a try. We went with one of their colours that is pretty much the same as normal concrete colour. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects