Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Recycled pallet dog kennel

SpencerGre
Cultivating a Following

Recycled pallet dog kennel

2418D448-5B4C-40CB-A9F6-AC5DF07F43AD.jpeg

DEB90297-922B-4B0A-A525-B7D6FE871426.jpeg

AFD5C7DB-97C0-47E4-B6DB-4003F2AB7E53.jpeg

Hi guys, this is my first post. I’m a very novice wood worker, however have found all the posts on here to be educational and inspirational. I have a real passion for recycled timber and pallets, it’s cheap and environmentally friendly. 

iolene
Cultivating a Following

Re: Recycled pallet dog kennel

What an incredible job you've done! It looks fantastic and works well on the deck. As you've put it by the back door your dog is more likely to use it! One quick question, does the roof lift to make changing bedding and cleaning easier? I've never bothered and just get down on my knees.

Well done!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

What a splendid project @SpencerGre and a big welcome to the community!

As one recycled timber/pallet enthusiast to another, well done. You've done an amazing job putting this together and I'm sure your puppy adores their new home.

If you were to have used milled bought timber, I don't think this project would have looked nearly as good.

Many thanks for sharing and great work in saving some brilliant timber that would be otherwise destined for landfill. It saddens me that 140,000 tonnes of pallet timber heads there each year from Sydney alone when it could be turned into awesome projects such as this.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
SpencerGre
Cultivating a Following

No unfortunately it doesn’t open from the top. It’s quite heavy, 100kg plus so didn’t think to add any extra bits and pieces. It however has a small gap at the rear for water drainage and her bed just folds in two so you can pull it through the front of the kennel.  Thanks for the comment!

SpencerGre
Cultivating a Following

Thanks for the comment Mitchell.  I’m working on a few other projects whilst in lockdown so hopefully we can all see a lot more pallet furniture.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects