Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Replacing steps with something non-slip.

gnicholson
Growing in Experience

Replacing steps with something non-slip.

We replaced our steps down to the clothesline from a ramp a few years ago with treated pine, painted them to match the other timber work and added those yellow non-slip strips which look like sandpaper to the edge of each one. The timber now has big cracks in it and the strips are peeling off. I have recently seen some material on some council works on steps and was wondering what this is called and where you can purchase it from. hopefully someone can help.

Sideways view seems to have the white edges already attached.Sideways view seems to have the white edges already attached.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Replacing steps with something non-slip.

Hi @gnicholson,

Apologies for the delay in responding. The ever-helpful @MitchellMc is taking a well-earned break at the moment and will be back in a week. I will ask him to assist you with some options. Hopefully other helpful members will also have suggestions for you in the meantime.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Replacing steps with something non-slip.

Hi @gnicholson,

I'm not aware of us supplying such a stair tread. Perhaps you might like to contact your local council to find out more information about them. However, we have Brutus 1.2m Anti Slip Stairtread Nosing which would be much more durable than the tape options.

Mitchell 

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects