Whilst I was watering my plants on Valentines day, morning, I noticed that one of the lower weatherboards had a small lineal depression on it. I decided to push it in with my finger nail and it was a rotted weatherboard. I decided that I would clean it up and fill in the damaged area. As I started removing the rot, it got worse, luckily I have some spare weatherboards, so I decided to replace the damaged one. When I removed the weatherboard, there was more damage that could be seen on the face of it.
I also left a gap between the base board and weatherboard to allow any water to run off the weatherboard.
This how I spent my Valentines Day.
Cleaned up behind weatherboard, remnants of lath and plaster