Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sandpit with fold-out seats and solid top

Highlighted
Experienced Contributor

Sandpit with fold-out seats and solid top

Sandpit. Fold Out out Seats. Close tight, Solid TopSandpit. Fold Out out Seats. Close tight, Solid Top
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Sandpit. Fold Out out Seats. Close tight, Solid Top

Would love to see a picture of this when it's closed. It's a great design. We have cats and I know they would wee and poop in a sandpit but have yet to find something easy to open and close for the kids.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@woodalwaysworks

Do you have a photo of the sandpit in the closed position that you could share with our new member @Lori?

Thanks again for sharing this fantastic project and inspiring others.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Highlighted
Experienced Contributor

PA290033.JPG

I just have this picture at the moment of one recently made, didn't have any handles fitted at the time of taking the photo. I use decking for the lid/ seats mainly for strength, once closed i can stand on it and the kids can walk and jump all over it. The blocks of wood you see sticking up on the seat and below work as braces, when closed they are in contact with the sand

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Sandpit with fold-out seats and solid top

Hi do you have a plan for this sandpit.  It’s exactly what we are looking for👍

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sandpit with fold-out seats and solid top

Hi @Isabella,

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and we look forward to seeing you build your own sandpit based on the inspiration from @woodalwaysworks.

Another frequent contributor to the site, the creative @LePallet, has also shared a similar project here - https://www.workshop.com.au/t5/Outdoor/Kids-sandpit-with-fold-out-lids/m-p/23220

Please don't hesitate to post anytime you have something to share with the community or need a hand with a project around the house and garden.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects