Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Screening for bins

notshyofeffort
Cultivating a Following

Screening for bins

Completed project.Completed project.

Hello all

I am new to this and not much of a handy person. I want to hide the bins in my front yard which are visible to me all day through study desk. I don't need to have the top covered.

As you will see in photo it has greenery behind that and I would need to access it. I am thinking a 'L' shaped screen using aluminium or plastic lattice on wheels, foldable and cut to height of bin so I can still see greenery behind that.

Any ideas from more knowledgeable people will be greatly appreciated and also what will be required for putting wheels with screen.

Thanks in advance.

DSC_0347.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to hide bins using aluminum or plastic lattice?

Hi @ColinL,

The Matrix screen is really quite strong and would be suitable for carrying the weight of a climber. However, the method in which you fix the screen in place likely has more to do with whether it will be suitable. Are you planning on concreting posts into the ground to mount it upon? If you don't want to attach to the olive coloured Colorbond fence, then you'll need to create another mounting point there. Posts are the obvious option. One post at the fence and another spaced out from it the depth of the bins. The screening can then be screwed tautly onto and between the posts.

If you were looking for a less robust solution, then you could use a few Ultraposts.

There are also frame kits available that finish off the perimeter of the Matrix panels.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ColinL
Growing in Experience

Awesome thanks heaps Mitchell!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Keep us updated on your project @ColinL, and reach out if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects