Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Screening to hide hot water systems

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Screening to hide hot water systems

Quick job ticked off the liston the wknd - installing screening with a creeping plant to hide our hot water systems. Nothing fancy, nice and easy - does the job!

Fixed it to the wall with 3 heavy duty angle brackets and some Ramset anchors.

At the rate these creepers...creep...the screening will be about 60% covered by next winter.

IMG-20190617-WA0000.jpgIMG-20190617-WA0001.jpgIMG-20190617-WA0002.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Re: Timber selection

Yes they're the ones I used @Leonardw .Nice and simple

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Cementgoddard
Just Starting Out

Re: Screening to hide hot water systems

Hi there,

Very interested in the hot water screen.
What are the dimensions and how much per screen?
cheers Judy 😊

Welcome the Bunnings Workshop community Judy (@Cementgoddard). It's fantastic to have you join us. Please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site.

The wonderful @ProjectPete used pre-made screening panels from Bunnings for this project. He confirmed earlier in the discussion that he used Lattice Makers 1800 x 900mm Herringbone Hardwood Screen Panel.

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with your project. We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
eugz92
Getting Established

Did u stain this or just oil it. If you stained it what stain did you use?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @eugz92

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining the discussion.

Let me tag @ProjectPete to make him aware of your question. It's difficult to tell from the picture what stain was actually used. But, if you were to use a stain, please make sure that it is rated for exterior use. Are you building your own HWC screen? If you have any questions we can help with, please don't hesitate to ask. Our members would be more than happy to provide advice and information.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

eugz92
Getting Established

I want to use a few of these screens and trellis with vine in between to cover up my ugly colorbond fence 

B318B037-EABA-4E0D-80A0-04C8831FDC33.jpeg

 Just brainstorming some ideas. 

Something like this 

9D844E1F-25C7-4446-9E6E-D1756CCC1A45.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @eugz92

That's an excellent idea and I'm sure it will give your fence line a very different look. If you have the opportunity, I suggest visiting your local store and looking at the stained timber sample board at the paint department. There you will see all kinds of timber tints you can use on the screen panel. You might even be able to match your decking floor stain. I suggest reading this discussion - How to install a Matrix Decor screen to a Colorbond fence? by @firenevac. There are some excellent suggestions on panel mounting that you could possibly use for your project.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your revamped fence line.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects