Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Screening to hide hot water systems

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Screening to hide hot water systems

Quick job ticked off the liston the wknd - installing screening with a creeping plant to hide our hot water systems. Nothing fancy, nice and easy - does the job!

Fixed it to the wall with 3 heavy duty angle brackets and some Ramset anchors.

At the rate these creepers...creep...the screening will be about 60% covered by next winter.

IMG-20190617-WA0000.jpgIMG-20190617-WA0001.jpgIMG-20190617-WA0002.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Re: Screening to hide hot water systems

Great, thanks for letting us know @Michelle3. It would be good to see what you've done.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Work in progress for this little cornerWork in progress for this little corner

andarm
Getting Established

Anyone screening a heat pump (the same as the external unit of a R/C air con.), don't restrict the air flow to or from from the unit. Air flow restriction will have impact on the unit's efficiency.

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Some decent growth in just 8 months which includes a fairly harsh summer 😀

Growth after 8 monthsGrowth after 8 monthsIMG-20190617-WA0002.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
pebbz
Finding My Feet

Hi there,

Im new here so i hope this finds you well. I would love something like this to cover my rubbish bins but need hinges to make it like a door, did you buy thos screen or make it yourself? If you made it do you have instructions, my husband is not handy and i am trying to find something i can make or buy that i can attach hinges to. Any suggestions s appreciated.

Thanks

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the Workshop community @pebbz, we're pleased to have you join us. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand with a project around the house and garden. We have loads of amazing members like @ProjectPete sharing helpful information, advice and project inspiration on the site everyday. 

You might have missed it on one of the earlier posts in this discussion, but Pete mentioned that he used a pre-made Screen Panel from Bunnings for this project. There is a large range to choose from. 

If you were more ambitious, you could make a bin storage unit. Instructions and a video can be found here. This version by @ponting72 has been very popular with other members. 

If you would like to share a sketch of what you would like to do, or some photos to show the area you are working with, I'm sure our ever-helpful and creative members would be more than happy to make some suggestions for you. 

Thanks,

Jason

pebbz
Finding My Feet

Thanks so much Jason, that video is perfect, that is exactly what i want just without the lid part. Thanks once again.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's great @pebbzm glad I could help. Looking forward to seeing what you build. 

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need a hand with anything.

Jason

Leonardw
Just Starting Out

Timber selection

Where can I buy similar timber used for Screening to hide hot water systems

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Timber selection

Welcome to the Workshop community @Leonardw. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to assist.

@ProjectPete mentions that he used pre-made screening panels from Bunnings for this project. The closest I can find to that exact one would be Lattice Makers 1800 x 900mm Herringbone Hardwood Screen Panel.

Hopefully Pete will be able to confirm. 

If you need further assistance or have other questions, please let us know.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects