Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Seating / Planter box

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Seating / Planter box

20200727_173710.jpgStarted another planter box today.

I've added some seating to it and have gone for a zen type of design.

This is Part B.. nearly complete.

20200706_211458.jpg

20200706_211504.jpg

20200727_134939.jpg

20200727_141233.jpg

20200727_173710.jpg

Few more details to go before it's complete.

Detailing done.

20200728_104553.jpg

20200728_183954.jpg

In location. Now to plant !

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Seating / Planter box

Hi @diy_hausdesigns,

The design of the seating and planter box looks fantastic and really well made. You've certainly shown with this and your previous projects how very talented you are. I'm really enjoying seeing your construction technique using treated pine slabs as the internal structure and cladding with decking over the top.

What are you going to be planting in these units?

Please keep us updated on your progress as we look forward to seeing the unit in place and planted out as I trust it will look amazing.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

@MitchellMc 

Thanks for the support! 

Haven't quite decided what's going into it but I'll post once that's all done it's in location. 

Cheer again.

----
WiltshireWaif
Finding My Feet

Absolutely brilliant. 👍🏻

Neo19
Making a Splash

Quite impressive @diy_hausdesigns . Eager to see how it looks after you finish planting!

Bob3212
Just Starting Out

Can I ask what did you use to waterproof the internal of the planter box ( ply ) ?

Bob

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Bob (@Bob3212). It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Let me mention @diy_hausdesigns to see if they can answer your question for you. However, I suspect they didn't use any waterproofing as they have made the internal structure from Ironwood Sienna Treated Pine Sleepers. They are an H4 grade exterior sleeper which is suitable for soil contact.

Are you planning on building some planter boxes?

We look forward to hearing about the projects around your house and garden, and we'd encourage you to let us know if you ever need help or would like to share them with us. I trust you'll find tonnes of inspiration within the community are our creative members are contributing their projects here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Bob @Bob3212 

As @MitchellMc  guessed correctly, I did not use waterproofing as the timber is suitable for above and in ground use. With the cladding on the outside as well, i didn't see it necessary. No issues whatsoever so far.

Best of luck if you are considering working on your own projects and more than happy to help where I can.

Cheers 

----

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects