Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Side access painting

Chie
Having an Impact

Side access painting

I just want to share my recent painting work.

I have been doing budget make-over on our first home, and finally cleaned and painted our side access area.
I'm just amazed how powerfully painting works!

I used Dulux weathershield (Lowsheen / Surfmist).
(Thanks for a bucket of Jellybeans!)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Side access painting

Totally awesome makeover, @Chie! You've got to be super-happy with that, and what a world of difference a bit of paint makes, hey! It's just lifted the whole area's feel.

Got enough paint left to do the back of the fence? Even stapling some Euro reed screening to it would look mint. I can feel a real island paradise/Mediterranean theme coming on here. Check out @LaCasaDIY's amazing Mediterranean-inspired outdoor renovation project for some ideas. I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you pinched a few.

Love your work and can't wait to see what project you tackle next.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you for your comment and great advice, Michell!
I will check them out and definitely plan how to make the fence look nicer, too :smile: 

Chie

Nham
Becoming a Leader

I was thinking about painting my pavers as well and you have given me some ideas. Thanks for sharing @Chie . Your side access looks amazing!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Nham

I totally agree, the white pavers look very relaxing and as @MitchellMc suggested it's not too far away from the Mediterranean theme. Some reed or bamboo screening and a few choice accessories and you'll get that coastal feel in no time.

Eric

Chie
Having an Impact

Thank you @Nham ! Hope your project goes well too :laugh:

Chie
Having an Impact

Thank you @EricL ! Omg, you guys are really encouraging me lol and I really want to add some screening on the fence and go for the Mediterranean theme now!!! Really appreciate your advice :smile:

Chie

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

@Chie 

That certainbly brings the area into a happier place :smile: Nice work and great idea!

I also like that stained glass privacywind break screen tyou have! Now thats something Id try for sure!

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Dave-1

I totally agree, the stained glass windbreak is very nice and adds colour to the entire area. I'm just waiting for the Mediterranean transformation to occur.

Eric

Chie
Having an Impact

Thanks @Dave-1 ! The stained glass was passed on from the previous owner of this house. I loved it when I first saw it. So happy to still have it on our patio :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects