Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Steel mesh or perforated panels similar to high end security doors

deslea
Finding My Feet

Steel mesh or perforated panels similar to high end security doors

Is there a budget-friendly product superficially similar to the 316 mesh or perforated steel used in high end security doors? I'm not after the same level of security, but I like the general aesthetic, the almost-invisible effect, and the weight/substance. It's for an outdoor screen room that needs to be pet-safe (cats). I have used petmesh for similar applications, and that will be what I use if I don't find anything like this, but I think something with that little bit of extra substance will let me cover wider spans with fewer spacing poles.

Thanks!

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Steel mesh or perforated panels similar to high end security doors

Hi @deslea 

Are you able to share a photo of the room? It might help @MitchellMc and @redracer01 to be able to suggest solutions if we can have a better idea of the dimensions of the space. We're lucky to have lots of pet loving community members who might be able to offer some cat friendly pet safe advice too.

Jane 

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @deslea,

I've had an extensive look at all out suppliers that deal with mesh products. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any products in-store or off-range that match the description of what you are looking for.

Have you considered using shade cloth? I drove past a property which had enclosed their outdoor room by stretching it tightly over timber frames. It looked quite pleasing.   

Let me mention @TedBear to see if he can think of any alternatives.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Bunnings do sell aluminium mesh - I have used it for my doors (and left overs used to make doors for my walk-in-pantry to let air in - similar to the old meat safes). Just a thought ... 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects