Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Storm Drain Pipe Water Jet

kalradeepak
Growing in Experience

Storm Drain Pipe Water Jet

Hi looking for advice to which water pressure jet should I buy. I have lot of hard soil and it's hard to reach and also unable to dislodge with normal hose. I thinking  to buy Karcher with pressure cleaner kid. Is anyone has used it?

Karcher K2 Full Control Home Pressure Cleaner

Karcher High Pressure Cleaner Pipe Cleaning Kit

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Storm Drain Pipe Water Jet

Hi @kalradeepak,

The combination of a Karcher K2 Full Control Home Pressure Cleaner and Karcher High-Pressure Cleaner Pipe Cleaning Kit would be perfect for cleaning pipes, drains, downpipes and clearing away blockages.

I haven't personally used the pipe cleaning kit, but I'm sure any of our members that have would be more than happy to share their thoughts. However, I have used the K2 Karcher and can say it performs admirably for most jobs around the house and garden. If you have some very large surfaces, such as a long driveway, then you might like to consider going for a slightly more powerful unit such as the Karcher K3 Corded Full Control High-Pressure Home Kit as it will get the job done faster.

I look forward to hearing any feedback our members can provide and what your decision will be.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Yesterday I have purchase this one I think I took it by mistake. I haven't opened it and thinking to return and get k2-full-control instead k2 plus

https://www.bunnings.com.au/karcher-1400w-1750psi-k2-plus-high-pressure-cleaner_p6270694

https://www.bunnings.com.au/karcher-k2-full-control-home-pressure-cleaner_p6270818?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-Oe...

@MitchellMc do you know technically which one is better?

Also I have purchased but hose is all back and not yellow it's been shown?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/karcher-high-pressure-cleaner-pipe-cleaning-kit_p6274542

Hi @kalradeepak,

As per your other discussion, both the Karcher 1400W 1750PSI K2 Plus High Pressure Cleaner and Karcher K2 Full Control Home Pressure Cleaner are rated at 1400 Watts and 1750 PSI so the machines are basically identical specifications. It appears the main difference is that one includes the patio cleaning head. The Karcher High Pressure Cleaner Pipe Cleaning Kit might now be black. If you can provide details on what you have purchased or a picture of the box I can confirm if it is the same.

Mitchell

Hi @MitchellMc please see attachedpipe cleaning.jpg

Hi @kalradeepak,

That appears to be the same product, as they both have PC 7.5 as their product number. They are both 7.5 meters long, designed to clean pipes and suitable for the Karcher pressure sprayers previously mentioned.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Thanks @MitchellMc 

I have got Karcher K2 Full Control Home Pressure Cleaner  last week. It's very nice product and easy to set up and most importantly it's very powerful so highly recommended if anyone looking for the same. I was able to clean most of the things with out any issues 

I have also tried Karcher High Pressure Cleaner Pipe Cleaning Kit but it's not powerful as I expected. It appears to dissolve the soil but storm water pipe is still blocked. I guess I have to try few more times

@MitchellMc do we have any product to soft the soil which can be used safely in storm water pipes?

Hi @kalradeepak,

I don't believe any liquid products will dissolve a soil blockage, as they're designed to break down fats, grease, oils, and soap scum. You could try a manual auger similar to Kinetic 4.5m Auger Easy Turn Drain Cleaning Tool to break up the soil. However, the number one culprit for blocking stormwater pipes is tree roots. Could there potentially be a tree root blockage further down the lines, causing the soil to build up? I'd imagine unless there were an unusually large quantity of soil/organic matter flowing down the drain, it would pass through without building up if the lines were clear.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects