Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

V-Grip shadecloth applicator

Pam01
Getting Established

V-Grip shadecloth applicator

How is this tool used please? It has no teeth like the aluminium strips you nail on pergola and says good in high wind areas. was told the strips with teeth not good in high wind areas. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: V-Grip shadecloth applicator

Hi @Pam01,

Thanks for your question. I'm sure the ever-helpful @MitchellMc will be more than happy to assist when he is back on the site on Friday. Many thanks for your patience in the meantime. Let me also tag @redracer01 to see if he might have had experience with this tool and be able to share his thoughts.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're very pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members.

Please don't hesitate to post anytime you have something to share with the community or need a hand.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Pam01,

I apologise for the delay in my reply.

The V-Grip locking strips have an insert which you wrap the shade cloth around. The installation tool, which is basically a plastic spatula, is used to push the insert into the locking strip. It's the process of wrapping the shade cloth around the insert and pushing it into the locking strip which holds the shade cloth in place. I'll include a short video below which illustrates this process.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have any questions.

Mitchell.

Pam01
Getting Established

Thankyou for the video. It looks easy enough. I have a huge area to do and am in very high wind area as well so need the best solution at the cheapest price as funds limited. Thanks again.. ps. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Just been super duper busy.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Pam01,

Please keep us updated on your progress and if you run into any difficulties, let us know. We're here to help.

Mitchell

Pam01
Getting Established

Thankyou. For advice. Will let you know how it goes.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects