Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Waterproofing ute drawers to protect tools

kurtisbaker
Just Starting Out

Waterproofing ute drawers to protect tools

Any suggestions on how I can stop water getting into my draws? Ideas a suggestion would be great. My plan is to have a tool box or maybe even two tool boxes either side but before hand I want to waterproof this section first. I am going to fill in the other side to match it up but just need something to stop water getting to the draws as it's got my handtools and fixings in them

20190424_161807.jpg

L8RALIG8R
Getting Established

Re: waterproofing

Maybe have a look into a waterproofing membrane or pond sealer. Not sure exactly where you need the waterproofing whether it's just down the sides of the ute tray and above the toolboxes. Also not sure exactly what materials you are trying to waterproof but I'd do some research on the pond sealers, waterproofing membranes and possibly even storm sealant.
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Waterproofing ute drawers to protect tools

Hi @kurtisbaker,

How are you going with your waterproofing project for your ute? I hope @L8RALIG8R's helpful suggestion was useful. If not, feel free to come back to us and I can tag other community members who might be able to make other suggestions.

Let me also extend an overdue welcome to the Workshop community to the both of you. Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site, or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop. 

Thanks for joining in the discussion,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
L8RALIG8R
Getting Established

Re: Waterproofing ute drawers to protect tools

Thank you Jason. It's a pleasure to be here. So many wonderful ideas and helpful members. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the members and moderators for their time here.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects