Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What alfresco flooring options do we have?

shilparavish
Just Starting Out

What alfresco flooring options do we have?

hello friends, we had to take out the wooden decking in our alfresco area as water was getting retained underneath. Now while taking the wooden decking out there is a metal structure underneath

1000016006.jpg

1000016007.jpg

1000016006.jpg1000016007.jpg

which we are not able to take it out. I am looking for the flooring options that I can do it myself. Please note we have a dog at home and not looking to putting wooden deck back on. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: alfresco flooring options DIY

Hello @shilparavish 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your decking.

I'm sorry to hear that water is gathering under your deck. Is there no way to provide a drain for it? I only ask because you have a steel frame for your deck. This is special and often means that the person who had it installed wanted it to last a very long time. 

Were the boards used for your deck timber or composite material. If it was composite, then your deck would definitely have been very expensive. I encourage you to find a solution for the water to get out under that area as it is worth saving your deck.

The steel frame was probably installed using concrete anchor screws or it was welded into place. Either way these attachments will need to be unscrewed or grinded off in order for the frame to be removed.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects