Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What lock is good for a gate and fence?

waymur
Finding My Feet

What lock is good for a gate and fence?

I have a steel gate covered in fence palings. I am looking at putting a lock on the gate. Has anybody know of a decent lock that attaches / installs to gate and fence post easily???

I'm thinking of using the D&D Lokk Latch.

Wayne

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What lock is good for a gate and fence?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Wayne (@waymur). It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about selecting a gate latch.

The Lokklatch products are certainly of great quality and relatively easy to install; I trust you'll find them suitable for your project. You might like to upload some images of your gate so our helpful members can better understand what you're working with. If you need assistance with uploading images, please let me know. Also, if you can tell us what features you'll be looking for in the lock, that will help us narrow down the selection. Do you need it to lock from both the inside and outside? Does it need a key lock on both sides? Do you want a pull-up latch at the top of the gate?

I'll be looking forward to seeing those images and offering suggestions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell,

Will be using the lock to lock both sides

Wayne 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Many thanks for the additional information Wayne (@waymur).

It sounds like the Lokklatch Deluxe S3 Gate Latch will do everything you need it to. It is lockable from either side and straightforward to install.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects