Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What materials do I need to install Tuscan Path screen panel?

wayneo
Finding My Feet

What materials do I need to install Tuscan Path screen panel?

Hi everyone,

I need some advice - I want to install 2 x Tuscan Path 1800 x 900mm Rust Leaf Screen Panels on treated timber poles like in the image below.

wayneo_1-1633425433959.png

I was thinking I'd want some angled metal to affix each panel to the timber.

Can anyone help me with what I need to buy for this project? I am only new to this kind of thing and would appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: What materials do I need to install Tuscan Path screen panel?

Welcome @wayneo. It's great to have you join us. This looks like it'll be a fantastic project that we look forward to following along with.

Let me tag @Brad, @diy_hausdesigns and @TedBear for their thoughts. Our resident D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc will also be happy to help when he's back on the site on Friday.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @wayneo,

Just so you are aware, these are not flat sheets. They have a folded edge around their perimeter, so you can screw them directly into the posts, as you've shown. I'll include an image below to illustrate.

If you still want a trim angle, you could use Metal Mate 20 x 20 x 1.5mm 1m Aluminium Angle.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Thanks @MitchellMc

What would you recommend I use for the timber poles, depth of the hole and the type of concrete to use?

I also want to lay a sleeper on the ground to stop the Ivy from behind making its way through - any ideas on this?

Being in lockdown and not being able to visit a store makes things somewhat difficult where I can only use click and drive through collect.

Thanks again for any help.

Cheers.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@wayneo,

You can use H4 posts, and they'll need to be sunk 450mm into the ground. Australian Builders 20kg Quick Set Concrete and you'll need around two bags per post. We have plenty of sleepers to choose from, but it sounds like a 50mm thick one would do from your description.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects