Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What pool fence angle bracket would be compliant?

Craig3
Finding My Feet

What pool fence angle bracket would be compliant?

Hi, I'm installing a pool fence with Protector pool panels and brackets into wooden posts.

I've got one section where I need to create an approx 45 degree angle.

I initially purchased the Protector Make-it Easy bracket for the job but I don't think they are pool compliant - they are plastic and with the large hinge they leave a large gap.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/protector-aluminium-make-it-easy-66-x-44-x-80mm-angle-bracket-2-pack_p01...

Looking on the Protector website, it says I need to modify and cut away the side of a normal bracket. Is this compliant with pool regulations?

https://www.protectoraluminium.com.au/products/boundary-fencing/panel-and-bracket-corner-modificatio...

Is there a pool compliant angle bracket available that I don't have to modify?

Thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What pool fence angle bracket would be compliant?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Craig3. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Protector pool fencing.

The Protector Aluminium Make It Easy 66 x 44 x 80mm Angle Bracket can be used on pool fencing. However, you need to make sure that the gap left is no more than 100mm after adjusting it to your required angle. You can adjust the panel brackets as per the instructions you've found, and they will also be compliant. Just make sure that you adequately fix them so they are not loose.

I'm not aware of any other brackets that can be adjusted to a certain angle without modification.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects