Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What power tool to drive in fence U-nails?

BoeingFan
Becoming a Leader

What power tool to drive in fence U-nails?

Hi everyone. I'm about to replace a fence that the fires destroyed a couple of years go, but now I need a fence around a quarter acre block to keep my sausage dogs secure, I'll be using the Longyard wire mesh, with square timber posts initially. I have not built a fence before, and was thinking I'd use U-nails to fix the wire to the timber posts: https://www.bunnings.com.au/paslode-40-x-4mm-500g-galvanised-staple-nails-45-pack_p2360440 

I am going to get into the Ryobi One+ ecosystem, and I'm unsure if there is a suitable power tool to drive these U-nails? If there is, could someone please tell me what is it called?

Cheers!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What power tool to drive in fence U-nails?

Hi @BoeingFan,

I'm unaware of any cordless tool that will drive those staple nails; they're a hammer-in type of fixing. We can order a wire stapler, but the staples are very fine and unsuitable for fencing. Also, these staplers are typically air driven, so you'd need a compressor close by.

Remember to have your posts on the other side of the fence to your dogs. You should only need to place a staple at the top and bottom and a couple in the middle. Are you planning on running a guide wire and tension strainers, as these will increase the rigidity of your fence and minimise the number of staples you'll need?

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects