Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What to do with my empty pond

rabraham
Just Starting Out

What to do with my empty pond

47EFFF58-2CD9-42B2-B4E7-2EF9551725F7.jpeg

I have a 7 x 5 meter pond which is around 1.2 meters deep , I have emptied it out but I have no idea what to with the space. I had almost a 100 koi, which died off due to a disease, which was heartbreaking, so never again with fish..And our refilling of the pond and all the continuous maintenance around the pumps and filters,

79855ACF-3059-4D02-90B2-4C570DED47D9.jpeg

it was getting really expensive..The area is surrounded by palms and other tropical plants.

I am just lacking on ideas. 

TheSaltyreefer
Becoming a Leader

Re: What to do with my empty pond

Hi there mate
Personally for me, i would leave it as a pond :smile: major fishnerd and set it back up as a native frog (pond) and native plants for a really cool chillax area, is it a dug in area or a raised like bought pond? some pictures would assist to see what u have to work with 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What to do with my empty pond

Hi @rabraham,

Welcome to the Workshop community. 

You might find this previous discussion very helpful for ideas: Empty pond - fill up. Member @kashgenius also had an unwanted pond and some members suggested creating a wicking garden bed. 

Other community members might also have other ideas they could share below. As @TheSaltyreefer helpfully pointed out, some photos might assist you to get more specific advice as members will be able to see what you are working with.

Thanks for joining in the discussion. We are looking forward to seeing how this project progresses and reading other plans for around the house and garden. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects