Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What to put in between pavers?

Dvino77
Finding My Feet

What to put in between pavers?

image.jpg

Hey guys I’ve spaced out the cement pavers but what’s best to put in between that won’t move a lot lilidale topping it crushed rocks ?

JDE
Becoming a Leader

Re: What to put in between pavers?

Have you thought of getting sand (white or other) mixing with some off white cement?

Mix dry, fill gaps, then broom off to the level you want and then mist down with hose. It will set like concrete , hold your pavers and stop weeds growing between pavers. Just a different idea. Rock will stop movement but not weeds. Sharp edge rocks are hard on bare feet and smooth tend to move.

JDE

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Dvino77,

Good job with getting the pavers down. It's going to look great.

In addition to @JDE's helpful advice, let me tag the wonderful @Adam_W to see if he might like to share his thoughts. Adam wrote this very helpful step-by-step guide - How to lay paving for a path.

I'll also tag @Yorky88 who also has loads of paving experience.

Normally @MitchellMc would be on hand to recommend Bunnings products for you but he is taking a well-earned break at the moment. 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're so pleased to have you join us and look forward to reading about all your projects and plans for around the house and garden. We're sure you will get plenty of helpful information, advice and inspiration from our amazing community members.

Please feel free to reach out if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Adam_W
Workshop Legend

Hi @Dvino77 Looks awesome!
Question... have you put anything under each paver to secure them or are they just lain in place?
If you need to lock them in then a thin bed, say 1/2 the paver thickness, of sand & cement would be a good idea and then the gaps could be filled with 'pea' pebbles - rounded, less than 10mm in size.

Otherwise, depending on position - full-sun, shade or whatever - you could consider filling with soil and planting low ground-covers like mini-mondo grass.

Dvino77
Finding My Feet

Yes I have sand underneath, the pea pebbles sound like great idea Thankyou 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Dvino77,

It's great to see you have received some helpful replies from @JDE and @Adam_W

Please keep us updated on your project as we look forward to seeing your results.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects