Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Alternative for this 'Glaze Over' product?

raceytrace
Having an Impact

Alternative for this 'Glaze Over' product?

Hi there, 

I am getting ready for my next DIY project, a marble look kitchen benchtop using tile and laminate paint.

I've watched a few YouTube videos and the best one so far used this product called 'Glazed Over' to create the marbled effect (mix equal parts glaze, water and tinted paint to create a scumble).   As far as I can tell, the Glazed Over is a clear acrylic glaze.

Is there anything equivalent at Bunnings that I could use?

MicrosoftTeams-image (10).jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Alternative for this 'Glaze Over' product?

Hello @raceytrace 

Thanks for sharing your question about getting a marble effect look for your kitchen benchtop. I'm sorry, but Bunnings currently doesn't stock a Glazed Over marble effect paint. I've passed your feedback on to our merchandise team.

Unfortunately, there is no way to predict the paints behaviour if we were to mix different coloured acrylic paints. There is a marble effect spray paint called Dulux 300g Duramax Black Marble Effects Spray Paint. However, its effect looks like spider veins rather than smoky marble transitions you're after.

Just in case you're wondering if the store has a marble looking benchtop, I propose having a look at the Kaboodle 2400 x 600 x 38mm Vanilla Cream Benchtop

Here are some discussions featuring the marble effect spray paint:

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects