Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Any Halloween-themed decor ideas?

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Any Halloween-themed decor ideas?

With Halloween just round the corner, it's a great time for some creative D.I.Y. decorations to set the mood. Anyone have any fun ideas or projects planned for their home?

Those looking for inspiration to make their home spook-tacular might want to check out some terrific ideas shared by the Bunnings team in Halloween Decorations & Inspiration

Resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @MitchellMc has also shared a step-by-step guide How to make a spooky Halloween tombstone. It's a perfect project for beginners.  

Keen to hear your ideas. Tagging @prettyliving@lifestylebymari@Renowayoflife and @sandy_d to kickstart the discussion.

Akanksha

Halloween-themed decor.jpeg

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Renowayoflife
Becoming a Leader

Re: Any Halloween-themed decor ideas?

OOOOh so excited, we love Halloween @Akanksha 

I am actually working on a number of DIY Halloween projects which I hope to share with you early October. I'll keep you posted.

That's terrific! Can't wait to see them, @Renowayoflife.

Do let us know if we can assist with anything.

Akanksha

Walter

@Akanksha 

I'm glad we have this subject. 

I love Halloween, many people aren't aware that this celebration goes way back, and when I was young in the north of `England we used to dress up, "bob for apples",  and get spooky.

I've just finished a couple of 3D prints, and my design for a skull head with light up eye sockets - very simple, a switch, a button battery and 2x Red LEDs, with a bit of wiring. The Skull was modified by me from a public domain model so I could add the  LEDs and other electronics, and "carve out a space" for it and the wiring.

The creepy hands are public domain also, but some slight changes for my needs

We are going away for a cruise that takes place over Halloween, so these were prepared for our cabin decorations.  I've printed out additional hands and a scary face for my son to decorate with.

Here are my designs, and I've stuck the hands and skull onto the fridge with magnetic strips which we will use on the ship.

PXL_20230927_014010358.jpgPXL_20230927_014038122.jpgoriginal_d4e87bc0-ee1f-40bc-8228-3745ebe8c087_PXL_20230927_020652531_exported_0.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Walter 

Thank you very much for sharing your amazing 3D printed hands and skull. This would look great on a bathroom mirror at night! 

Again, thanks for sharing your Halloween decor idea. 

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects