Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Apartment transformation on a $40k budget

ti-savannah
Finding My Feet

Apartment transformation on a $40k budget

Here are the before and afters of my 1 bed, 1 bath renovation. It wasn't entirely DIY but I did the demo, rubbish removal, plastering, painted (ceilings, walls, doors, window frames, bedroom closet, screen door... everything) and sourced materials and appliances to keep costs down. I got a builder, plumber, tiler and electrician for everything else. I achieved this result with a total budget of $40k and I've provided links to specific Bunnings products below.

Living room BeforeLiving room BeforeLiving room AfterLiving room AfterKitchen BeforeKitchen BeforeLiving room AfterLiving room AfterKitchen AfterKitchen AfterLiving room BeforeLiving room BeforeBedroom BeforeBedroom BeforeBedroom AfterBedroom AfterBedroom closet AfterBedroom closet AfterBedroom closet BeforeBedroom closet BeforeBathroom BeforeBathroom BeforeBathroom AfterBathroom AfterBathroom AfterBathroom After

Materials

Laminate flooring 

Kitchen

Bathroom

Tools

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: 1 bed, 1 bath apartment transformation on a $40k budget

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ti-savannah. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your fantastic project.

You've done a wonderful job of transforming your home, and I trust that you're thrilled with the results. You really elevated the whole look and successfully modernised the space.

Great job!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects