Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bedside table halo with Grid Connect automation

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Bedside table halo with Grid Connect automation

I have been using a bedside lamp with an Arlec Grid Connect globe automated to turn on for a minute on early mornings for work though the issue being even at low dim it's still to in your face and waking the wife up as well so I thought to add a spare led RGB strip I had to the underside, backside and facing side of my bedside table the  plug it into an Arlec Grid Connect power adapter so I can automate times it comes on and for how long. I could also go as far as using the ensuite Light Globe "on" as a trigger to turn it off. The effect is much better and the light level is below bed level.

The same could be achieved with the Arlec Grid Connect LED strip lights as well.

20220724_183110.jpg

20220724_183259.jpg

Screenshot_20220724-183811_Grid Connect.jpg

  

Screenshot_20220724-183901_Grid Connect.jpg

20220724_183911.jpg

20220724_183933.jpg

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bedside table halo with Grid Connect automation

HI @CSParnell

That's a great idea and is not as bright as a standard LED bulb. Did the LED strip come with a remote control? Perhaps you can control its brightness even before it turns on or does the unit reset every time the power adapter turns it off? My son's room has the Click LED light strip and is fantastic in the evenings when he turns the lumens down.

Thank you for sharing your LED strip lighting idea.  

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Hi @EricL, the LED strip can dim down but it is not a grid connect model. It does hold its settings though so how I have it set it stays that way after power is turned off. 

I have not used the grid connect LED strip but I would assume you are able to automate light intensity so you could turn that intensity up over a set time for a gentle wake up.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @CSParnell

Thanks for that extra information, I'll keep that in mind when I  purchase my own LED set for my desk.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

I changed the on/off over to a schedule so you could set up a whole week's worth of different times if you like

Screenshot_20220804-175630_Grid Connect.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects