Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Book case/Display case with that nice off set divider design

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Book case/Display case with that nice off set divider design

Hello Friends,

I got "invited to go" to these furniture shops to peruse a new display shelf/TV cabinet to replace the monstrosity that I had built in a hurry with the bits and pieces I had managed to gather in my travels. We had just moved then and I needed somewhere to put my children's robot kit collection ( Gundams )* Upon careful evaluation and long drawn out debates, I said no and that I would build it myself! The advantages are that I could have it at the correct width and the shelf spacing would be perfect for all their displays. Below is the final result sorry I did not take photos of it while I was building it. The paint was a mis-tint of Almond Milk and cost me 10 dollars, MDF sheet cost 30 dollars and 1 packet of screws 6 dollars.

IMG20201129131819.jpgIMG20201129131829.jpgIMG20201129182409.jpg   

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Book case/Display case with that nice off set divider design

Hi @redracer01,

What a fantastic design and the shelving looks really well built.

You're a braver man than me. I've always just bought the furniture, as I don't want to suffer the repercussions if my work is not up to scratch. I have to say though that the amount I have paid for shelves was way too much. The construction techniques and quality of timber used these days do not warrant the price.

Great work and I trust the unit will serve its purpose for many years to come. Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects