Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Book feature wall

sidrah
Cultivating a Following

Book feature wall

I stopped by for coffee in a small Cafe and saw books nailed to the wall as a feature. I fell in love with the idea and wanted something similar in my home.

I picked up some old books from my local vinnies and got to work.

I first laid down a pattern on the floor to see how I would like it arranged and then used nails and a hammer to put the books. 

Because I needed the books open at a fixed page, I used a hot glue gun and glued the top of the books so the pages don't move much.

That's all there is to the project. Can be easily done on a rainy weekend.

The most common question is how I clean it. I use the brush attachment on a vacuum on the lowest setting and that does the job. Linking a process video I made. 

Hope you like it 

20191024_165223-01.jpg

20191024_165424-01.jpg

IMG_20200709_232915_433.jpg

20191024_165529-01.jpg

process video of book wall 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Book feature wall

Hello @sidrah

Thank you very much for sharing your book feature wall. It is a very creative display and makes the books look like they are flying through the air. How many books did you use in total for the display? 

Again, thank you for sharing your wonderful book feature wall.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sidrah
Cultivating a Following

Hye Eric,

I'm a Harry Potter fan so that was kind of the magical effect I was going for 🥰

I have used 8 books in total and just added some extra pages in between to make it look fuller 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Thank you for that extra information about your project @sidrah, I'm sure our members will find your book feature wall inspirational.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects