Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Budget coastal home office makeover

MyKindofBliss
Cultivating a Following

Budget coastal home office makeover

My husband and I run our own small businesses from home and we have been in desperate need of an office space that we can work in together. We went with a coastal, beachy theme and are so happy with how it turned out 🙌🏻

We added timber battens along the wall from Bunnings and we painted the top half white and the bottom half in Almond Creme by Taubmans.

We got the timber bench top from Bunnings and sealed it with a matte sealer. We mounted it on some Alex drawers from IKEA and added supports along both of the walls for the desk.

We used some timber curtain rod hooks and a length of dowel from Bunnings for our curtains and added in some styling pieces to complete the space! 

So happy with how it turned out! 

We share all of our DIY renovations on @MyKindofBliss 

Home Office .JPGHome Office 2-2.JPGHome Office 5-2.JPGHome Office 16-2.JPGHome Office 34-2.JPGHome Office 23-2.JPGHome Office 17-2.JPGIMG_8085.jpgIMG_8086.jpg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Budget coastal home office makeover

Hi @MyKindofBliss,

First, let me extend a warm welcome from the Bunnings Workshop community! It is awesome you have decided to join and share your coastal home office makeover with us. You'll find Workshop to be a great source of inspiration and advice on all things DIY and garden and we are continually growing as a community. Fantastic projects like yours find their way into our Top Ideas section like our top 10 most popular projects of the year article, you might find yours there one day!

You have really captured some beachy vibes with your makeover, do you have any styling advice for those looking to do a beach/coastal theme? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great project @MyKindofBliss. Many thanks for sharing. Home office makeovers have been very popular with the Bunnings Workshop community in recent years with so many of us now working from home a lot more. I'm sure your project will provide plenty of inspiration so look out for questions coming your way from other members.

Let me also extend a very warm welcome to the community. As you can see, we have loads of clever and creative members sharing help and inspiration on the site every day. I trust you'll get ideas and advice in return for joining in the discussion. We look forward to seeing more of your posts soon.

Thanks again,

Jason

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Now that’s a lovely work area @MyKindofBliss  love it !!! 😃

DIYScientist
Growing in Experience

Hi @MyKindofBliss ,

Firstly, The room transformation looks amazing! I particularly like the two-tone wall paint separated by the wall accent.

I have the exact same IKEA desk drawer in our home office. I feel you used it so well in making it part of your desk. The white with glulam timber panels for desks look aesthetically top notch.

Cheers,

Matt

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @DIYScientist

I totally agree with you, it is just such a well-executed themed renovation. It is so relaxing that you might actually forget you're in an office. What's really impressive is that @MyKindofBliss used some simple elements to transform the look and feel of the room. 

The almond creme colour relaxes the eye and breaks up that stark white colour on the wall. The Uniform colour of the appliances and the natural finish of the benchtop also contributes to the relaxed feeling in the room. The decorative pieces keep the theme going and it doesn't hurt that you have a large window that lets a lot of light into the room. 

Eric

lifestylebymari
Making a Splash

Hi @MyKindofBliss 

What an amazing job you guys have created! Is very coastal and bright. 

Having a good study room to work from home is super important these days and you guys have definitely nailed it! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects