Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you use the dust canister with the Ozito cordless detail sander and battery?

mimiV
Just Starting Out

Can you use the dust canister with the Ozito cordless detail sander and battery?

I have just purchased an Ozito detail sander and the separate 2.5Ah battery and charger pack. I know they are compatible, but the instructions with the sander does not specify if I can use the dust canister with the 2.5Ah battery….does anyone know how I can find out?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can you use the dust canister with the Ozito cordless detail sander and battery?

Hi @mimiV 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about Ozito batteries.

The stated thickness of the 2.0-amp battery is 56.15mm and the 2.5-amp is 85mm which would give you a difference of 28.85mm. Due to the size difference the dust collector will not fit under the bigger battery.

I understand that you want to use the 2.5-amp battery as it has a longer running time. The good news is that dust collector can be removed, and you can attach a standard shop vac hose to the detail sander itself. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mimiV
Just Starting Out

Re: Can you use the dust canister with the Ozito cordless detail sander and battery?

Hi Eric

Actually I didn’t choose the battery for its longer running time, it’s just that the pack was next to the sander in the store.

When I got home and read the instruction manual, there is no mention of using a 2.5Ah battery or for that matter even a 2.0Ah.

I particularly wanted to use the dust canister but the instructions only mention using it with a 1.5Ah battery (which is not available) and removing the canister if fitting a 3.0Ah or 5.2Ah battery.

Do you know what the thickness of the 1.5Ah battery is? 

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @mimiV 

The 1.5-amp battery is very similar in size to the 2.0-amp battery. But between the two you are better off with the 2.0-amp not just for longer run time but it is very useful with other Ozito products such as the blower and drill sets. Plus, the 2.0-amp battery is readily available at the store.

I suggest returning the 2.5-amp and charger and getting the 2.0-amp battery set instead. I have the 2.0-amp battery system along with the detail sander and I am positive that you'll be able to use the dust collector on the sander.

If you need further assistance with this, please let me know.    

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects