Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Customized shelving?

KarenP
Just Starting Out

Customized shelving?

I want to create a custom cabinet with shelving from floor to ceiling in my family room - my book collection needs a more organized home!
Has anyone used kitchen cabinets and related end panels etc. to do the same thing? I like the idea of having a combination of enclosed cupboards/drawers with open shelving AND display cupboards (aka glass doors).

This is what its currently like - a hodge-podge of mis-matched pieces, with many of my books under beds!

family room cabinets.jpg 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Customized shelving?

Interesting idea @KarenP. Do you want to also house the home entertainment equipment or is that moving elsewhere?

I'm sure the ever-helpful Workshop community will have some ideas for you. Welcome aboard, it's great to have you join us. We're looking forward to seeing this project come to fruition, as well as many others around the house and garden in the future. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have something to share. And please let me know if you ever need assistance getting the most from the site.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
KarenP
Just Starting Out

Re: Customized shelving?

All but the printer pretty much has to stay. As for the picture on the wall, well  that's sentimental, so it will have to find another place too.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects