Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. plant stand

joineryjo
Having an Impact

D.I.Y. plant stand

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

So I couldn’t find a plant stand that was the height or look I wanted so Bunnings to the rescue again! I did realise halfway for a stand this height I needed a secondary support at the bottom so ended up doing a cross lap joint on both. Still need to decide on a colour, should I varnish it walnut or paint it white? :smile: Plant was also from Bunnings. 

Community manager's note: Inspired by this wonderful project by @joineryjo, Bunnings Workshop member @JoeAzza has shared a full step-by-step guide How to build a planter stand with a full list of tools and materials required.  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY plant stand

Hi @joineryjo,

That's a fantastic looking plant stand you have created there. Your joints look amazing and very minimalistic.

It always brings me great joy to see people living in apartments completing timber projects like this. For the colour, I would do a whitewash coat of paint and distress it with some sandpaper. In a shabby chic sort of styling. It really depends on your decor as to what would fit well.

Many thanks for sharing and I'll be looking forward to seeing what project you contribute next.

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
joineryjo
Having an Impact

New pics, made a set and also finished them with an oak stain:)

7C7860EC-43BB-4382-B070-23A91E11495D.jpeg

0652C7CE-2489-4D0A-8370-C30603166CB0.jpeg

They look amazing @joineryjo!

I trust your project is of great inspiration to our members. Many thanks for sharing the updated image and your second stand.

Mitchell

Thank you @MitchellMc. Bunnings has been an amazing resource during covid times. Thanks to you and the Bunnings team for all your great work and helpful tips! In store and online:)

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Love love LOVE this !!!!!!! Looks great @joineryjo 🌿💚

Fantastic @joineryjo. Congratulations and many thanks for inspiring the community by sharing your work.

I will feature your creation on our Project Gallery.

Jason

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @joineryjo

Another project to add to my list.

Such a good idea, I love your design, I might have to borrow your idea. You have inspired me.

Joe

Awh shucks, thanks @Jason!

gitzy
Growing in Experience

Really like it. I might create one for my home. 

Did you cut the wood by yourself or got it cut in bunnings?

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects