Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. plant stand

joineryjo
Having an Impact

D.I.Y. plant stand

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

So I couldn’t find a plant stand that was the height or look I wanted so Bunnings to the rescue again! I did realise halfway for a stand this height I needed a secondary support at the bottom so ended up doing a cross lap joint on both. Still need to decide on a colour, should I varnish it walnut or paint it white? :smile: Plant was also from Bunnings. 

Community manager's note: Inspired by this wonderful project by @joineryjo, Bunnings Workshop member @JoeAzza has shared a full step-by-step guide How to build a planter stand with a full list of tools and materials required.  

gitzy
Growing in Experience

Re: DIY plant stand

Thanks @Jason for the info. It is good to know that Bunnings provide wood cutting services.

Li1
Just Starting Out

Re: D.I.Y. plant stand

Hi can I buy the material for this plant stand that i can put it together? I don't have time, I'm not a builder or handyman. Can you help?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Li1. It's wonderful that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question about this amazing project.

As this is a project contributed by @joineryjo, there is no pre-made kit available, but I trust she would be more than happy to assist you with any questions you might have during the construction process. This would be a perfect first project for someone looking to get into D.I.Y. as minimal tools are needed, and it's of a relatively simple design.

There's also a similar project, including a step-by-step guide on How to build a planter stand with a full list of tools and materials required.  

If you were looking for a kit type project to assemble yourself, you might like to look at our small, medium and large Kit Out pot stands. These kits come with everything you need to complete the project and only require assembly.

I look forward to helping you re-create this project. Please let us know if you need any assistance getting started.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
joineryjo
Having an Impact

Hi @LI, it's actually a really easy first DIY project and you don't need any fancy electric tools to do anything for this simple design I made up:) This whole thing was hand-made with hand tools. I got everything from Bunnings even the wood was cut to size so the only thing you need to do is use a chisel and hack saw to do the cross lap joint and if you don't mind using just nails rather than dowels for putting it together, it's super easy (the work also depends on what height you want). Email me if you have any questions and I can send you more detail:) or I can post here also the materials used and what you need to do:) It's super easy!

Or you could also use some of the kits @MitchellMc suggested below

Hi Jo (@joineryjo)

Great to see your project continues to inspire community members. It would be fantastic if you could post the materials you used here and the steps you took. I'm sure it would be much appreciated by all.

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects