Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DETA Smart Switch Mechanism for 3 way switch?

n860cr
Growing in Experience

DETA Smart Switch Mechanism for 3 way switch?

I'm looking to pickup up a whole lot of these DETA smart switches (https://www.bunnings.com.au/deta-smart-switch-mechanism_p0346912) as they don't need a neutral wire (and the old part of my house doesn't have one). The hallway has a 3 way switch (one switch at either end) and I'm looking to see if anyone knows if these switches are compatible? I know other Grid Connect switches don't support 3 way switching. 

The flickering issue is real and annoying.... however I've gotten around it by using one Grid Connect candle globe in the 5 globe chandelier. The WIFI component of the globe must be enough to stop the LED flicker. 

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Re: DETA Smart Switch Mechanism for 3 way switch?

Hi @CSParnell,

I was looking at that switch mechanism thinking it looked wrong.

You have confirmed my thoughts.

PDL 600 Series all day!! 😂

Cheers,

Mike T.

MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Hi @EricL,

Is there any way that I could have some of these switches you've been having issues with connectivity sent to me?

I'd like to put them on my test bench in my workshop to see if I could get them to do things like they're meant to?

I'm just asking the question, considering there seems to be issues with 2 way switching, I'd like to see if I could get the creases 

ironed out, as it were.

Feel free to send me a Private Message.

Cheers,

Mike T.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @MikeTNZ,

Thanks for your offer but given that @n860cr found a solution back in August last year I think we'll leave this one and focus on assisting members that need assistance with problems around the house and garden at present. 

All the best,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects