Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY Race track (unfinished)

MarcL
Having an Impact

DIY Race track (unfinished)

(Unfinished) race track for my kids. This is a temporary paint job, will look totally different when I finish.  Will be sure to update when it's done. Designed myself started from the top and worked down to test as I went, 2nd track designed after and around the 1st.

Materials: Mdf, pine, hard plastic sheeting, adhesive, pva glue, screws ect.

20220723_144411.jpg

20220723_145916.jpg

20220710_144952.jpg

20220710_090120.jpg

   

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY Race track (unfinished)

What a super cool project, @MarcL! Your kids must be thrilled to have you as a Dad. It's really inspirational to see you taking the time to construct something as wonderful as this.

Can I ask how you're getting the MDF to conform so well to the track? Obviously, you've cut it out, but how are you doing the dips? Are you wetting it?

I'm really keen to see how this project turns out. I know my little man and daughter would love something like this.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: DIY Race track (unfinished)

@MitchellMc Thanks Mitchell, i just cut the shapes, screwed/glued them down to supports

where they needed to be held. It's flexed to its max in a few spots but no wetting it. Then add more supports as I go where needed. I will pva the whole thing from underneath when done, hoping that will really lock it up to hold its form for extra strength. I was surprised how much flex you could get out it.

20220724_123037.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects