Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Damaged wood around Hinge

lhall
Getting Established

Damaged wood around Hinge

I am wondering if anybody could give me some advice as to how best to repair the broken wood around the hinge on a bathroom cabinet. I have included 2 photos of the damage. We dont want to throw the cabinet away as we have only had it a few weeks.

Thank You

Cabinet doorCabinet door

20210607_115622.jpg

Les Hall

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Damaged wood around Hinge

Hi Les (@lhall),

Did you manage to find the piece that chipped off it? That would be handy, as you could potentially glue it back into place. Alternatively, you could fill the void with Selleys Blister Bar 50g Plastic Wood and wait for it to dry. Then try to get some Selleys 100ml PVA Wood Glue Aquadhere Interior Adhesive to run into those cracks. You might need to open them gently to allow the PVA glue to penetrate. Clamp the corner down to compress the deformed area back into shape.

Once it's all dry, take some 120-grit sandpaper and a sanding block and try to flatten the surfaces on all faces. You can then touch up the sanded portions with some White Knight 100ml White Gloss Splashes Enamel Paint.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
lhall
Getting Established

Re: Damaged wood around Hinge

Thank you Mitchell. I will try your suggestion.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects