Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fitting skirting boards to concrete walls

Bugly
Finding My Feet

Fitting skirting boards to concrete walls

Our house has rendered concrete block walls with no skirting boards. Would the best method of fixing Bunnings bull-nose pre-primed MDF skirting boards now be to use adhesive?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Fitting skirting boards to concrete walls

Hi @Bugly,

Welcome to the Workshop community and many thanks for joining in the discussion. We trust you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration for all your projects around the house and garden from our amazing community members. Please do feel free to post anytime you need assistance or have something to share with us. 

Let me tag one of our very helpful members in @Mathy to see if she would like to kick off the discussion and share how she would tackle this one. 

Thanks again,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Welcome @Bugly 

Grab some Instant Nails (Sika or Selleys are good) and stick to wall with that. Easiest/quickest way to hold in place while it dries is with a C1 Brad Nailer, just enough to penetrate the board and a few mm into the render.

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Thanks ProjectPete, much appreciated. I didn't think about the brads to hold it while the adhesive set. 

Thanks also Jason, much appreciated!

Cheers - Bugly

gippslandhome
Becoming a Leader

hi @Bugly 

my only concern is with using liquid nails or silicone is that it is a temporary and easy fix.

personally in the past we have cut our skirting then liquid nailed into place 

then we use a drill andout some noodle on.  then we use a concrete nail and nil it into position .. it never goes anywhere ..

it may not be the quickest way but it's one of the better way.

the helpful staff at Bunnings will be happy to assist you .

kind regards Rob

Thanks Bob, appreciated.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects