Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Floating timber shelf

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Floating timber shelf

With the impending arrival of mini-ProjectPete I've been busy prepping the new nursery in a range of ways and this customer floating shelf I made up for him is one of them 😀

The green dresser in the second photo has a bit of a story behind it. Firstly, it started off in an antique coloured brown as it's literally about 100 years old and was used in our rustic styled wedding back in 2014 - with brass looking pull handles. It then turned a pale pink colour as it was used in our girls' room for their craft supplies and is now a bold, dark green colour which is perfectly matched to the wallpaper in the new nursery on the opposite wall. "Perfectly colour matched" by using the Taubmans Coloursmith app.

It's all coming together now 😄

H shelf1.jpg  H shelf2.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Floating timber shelf

Looking great @ProjectPete! Your post reminds me I need to get a move on creating a nursery as I've only got 4 months left. I better hit the tools!

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Exciting times mate! But yes, you'd better get on with it 😉

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Fantastic project @ProjectPete! that certainly is now officially a family heirloom! 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

@redracer01

It just needs the little one to gnaw on the corner, leaving their teeth marks in it to be complete! I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm fairly certain my daughter is at least part beaver.

Mitchell

Great stuff 👍 all round here.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations to @ProjectPete on the arrival of your beautiful son. 

Enjoy this really special time with your family. We look forward to seeing some photos of him on the tools very soon!

Jason

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @ProjectPete 

Congratulations on the new baby boy! Hope mum and bub are healthy and home already!

Cheers!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Wonderful news, @ProjectPete and my congratulations! I, too, look forward to seeing some candid shots of the bub.

Well done and look after yourself.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects