Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Fluorescent batten price anomalies

ThePredator
Growing in Experience

Fluorescent batten price anomalies

I/N: 4332123   $58.50   without diffuser

I/N: 0028559  $48   with diffuser

Does anyone know why the pricing is as shown ?!! ?!!????!!

I just spoke to a support center and the pricing is as shown on the website. Unfortunately the national support line is only monday to friday.

JDE
Becoming a Leader

Re: Fluorescent batten price anomalies

Must admit it does seem backward as you would expect the additional diffuser to add to price.  Just a question why not use leds  they are more reliable and produce more light for the same power? JDE 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @ThePredator

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @JDE. I agree with the recommendation of using an LED batten light, it will outlast any fluorescent bulb. I've spoken to our team on the floor, and none of them could give me a technical explanation as to the price difference. However, our price integrity team member suggested, there is the possibility that the Deta 36W Twin Diffused Fluorescent Batten Light was purchased as a special and we are passing the price benefit onto our customers. However, I will make further inquiry as to why there is a price between the two products. As soon as I have more information, I will post it here.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MikeTNZ
Amassing an Audience

Personally,

I wouldn't even bother installing traditional fluorescent light fittings these days,

my workshop is illuminated by them and once they start playing up, they'll be

replaced with LED fittings by attrition.

The control gear they use and the tubes themselves are legacy technology

depending on where you look are getting rather hard to source decent replacements.

You really can't beat the lumens per watt output of an LED light source, provided you don't

purchase the really cheap and nasty ones.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects