Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

From 2017 I took an interest in woodworking...these are some of my projects and now its a passion

kbcreations
Growing in Experience

From 2017 I took an interest in woodworking...these are some of my projects and now its a passion

1st to 3rd project I accidentally posted in gallery but below are projects following on from my third😊

Firstly a brief history of me and where I found my love for everything wood.... After living in Victoria for a year and visiting many local homemaker markets my interest grew with the fascinating wooden projects I came across and so one day I came across a ladies woodworking course being advertised in the local community house program. I read it was being run at a local men’s shed, for three hours on a Monday for 6 weeks, only $60. It was simple bring in a plan, your wood and the men would provide tools, guidance and advice. Since joining this course I have pretty much enrolled myself every term and blocked out my Monday afternoons to indulge myself in woodworking with a group of older men and ladies to observe and discuss everything about working with wood...I love it!!! I have a great deal more confidence now....love a new challenge!! My skills (I think) have not only exceeded my own expectations but others as well (including my very supportive husband), who lives interstate for work, whom I see once every 3 months. My knowledge goes beyond the reference magazines I used to read and my passion for learning more about this incredibly interesting hobby is never ending. I have vibe from starting with the basic tools, such as a Ryobi cordless drill, to a scroll saw, lathe and bench saw... and now I am soon to learn the art of pyrography (wood burning). I’ll keep you posted on that... thanks for reading my story😊4th project - Bar stool4th project - Bar stool

5th project - Xmas present for MIL5th project - Xmas present for MIL

5th project cont - with saddle5th project cont - with saddle

6th project - change table, present for girlfriend6th project - change table, present for girlfriend

6th project cont. - end result6th project cont. - end result

7th project - Xmas present for mum - bird house/bird feeder7th project - Xmas present for mum - bird house/bird feeder

8th project - 50th birthday present for girlfriend, cheese board8th project - 50th birthday present for girlfriend, cheese board

8B8E4173-8A54-4382-8E36-8A590490BCD8.jpeg

9th project -   Bunnings online plan - tool holder and battery charger bench9th project - Bunnings online plan - tool holder and battery charger bench

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: From 2017 I took an interest in woodworking...these are some of my projects and now its a passio

Many thanks for introducing yourself @kbcreations. We're thrilled to have you join us and share your woodworking journey. You'll find lots of like-minded people in the community and I'm sure get inspired by both their stories and their projects. You might like to read some of their stories on the Workshop blog.  

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. You certainly didn't do anything "wrong" with posting your projects on the Gallery! We know that it's currently a little confusing not knowing where to post so we're going to fix that soon. I just would recommend that you stick to sharing one project per discussion and make the title really clear. That way members in future can really easily find it. Hope that helps.

Welcome,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects