Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Front Entrance door

bal
Getting Established

Front Entrance door

Hi Fellas first post ever 🤓
 How Do you know if the door is for external use or internal.? 
I have bought some off marketplace and it is made of  bare pine wood .it has Doors Plus company sticker on it. 
thanks in advance 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Front Entrance door

Hello @bal

Thank you for sharing your question about your front entrance door.

One of the ways to tell if your door is an external door is by its weight. External doors are usually very heavy compared to internal doors. However, this is not always the case and it's best to check with the door manufacturer. Are there any other details on the door sticker such as a barcode or a model number? Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the full door and sticker? I can contact the supplier for you and get a definite answer. 

We look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
bal
Getting Established

Hi Eric 

I found the sticker on it and rang the manufacturer . He said the doirs for external. 

bal
Getting Established

Hi Do you know where to find door frame / jamb for entrance double door.  
Already have sindle doir there with glass panel on both sides. . Thanks

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @bal,

Can you please provide exact measurements for the proposed door frame?

It will assist members in suggesting suitable products and/or approaches. 

Many thanks,

Jason

JDE
Becoming a Leader

Hi Bal

Have just made two double door frames and like you could not find them locally. I ended up having to buy two single door kits from bunnings and used a side for the top. Failing that you could buy a single door frame for sides and a couple pieces of timber to make the top.

JDE

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @bal

It's great that you've received great advice from @JDE. That is exactly what I would have recommended. Measure the height, width, and length of your new door before going to the store. Plus make sure to measure your current frame and the side doors that are there as well. Once you are at the store you can see the tag on the door jamb set 112 x 18mm FJ Primed Pine Door Jamb Set. All the information you need will be on that tag and will tell you if the frame is suitable for your door.

However, if you need a bigger set for the top, you will have to buy extra timber to accommodate the width of your entry. We would love to see your current door project, any updates you can post would be much appreciated. I'm sure our members are curious to see what you are currently remodeling.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects