Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Front mudroom transformation

goolmangarenos
Growing in Experience

Front mudroom transformation

3.jpg 4.jpg

Room was damaged in the February 2022 floods. We had damage to ceiling, walls and floors. This was after we had scrubbed the walls at least a dozen times to get rid of the mould. We have added the timber mouldings for some depth.

5.jpg

First coat done and yes, it is "Bunnings" green. It wasn't supposed to be, it was just the Dulux colour that we liked and once we put the first coat up, our son walks in and goes "Wow, Bunnings green, really????" We cannot "unsee" it now....

2.jpg

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Front mudroom transformation

Hi @goolmangarenos,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is awesome you have joined and thank you for sharing your transformational project with us. I may be biased but I do like the green you selected. You have done a really good job turning this room around. Any advice for someone looking to create a similar project for the first time? 

Great paint projects like yours sometimes make their way into our Top Ideas articles like our Top 10 most popular painting projects. You may even find yours in there one day. We hope you continue to find Bunnings Workshop as a great source of inspiration and helpful advice. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: Front mudroom transformation

Good Morning @goolmangarenos 

hahahahah to the "Bunnings green" We all have come up against those type of words before, maccas red or yellow, state rail blue. :smile: 

The top picture I went "Nice colour, love the depth" and then as you said when your son said "Bunnings green" thats what I saw lol

Still like it :smile: Tho if you wanted to move away from seeing just that then maybe a floor lamp with a warm lightbulb would change the tomne enough? 

I do like playing with light that influences the colour tones we see.

Nice job on bring the room back to spec.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects