Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Getting started with essential tools for beginners

Madmoggy
Having an Impact

Getting started with essential tools for beginners

This may seem a little strange as dad or brother usually gives you, lends you, or has in his some tools that you just grab when he is out. But where to start for your self is good tidy way to get yourself interested and from what I see on advisory web pages etc indicates it’s quite hard to know what you really need.

Bunnings have a great image that really makes shopping easy - you can cross off things as you afford them. Some things are priced to meet your budget check with a team member. A hammer can be any price from $5-6  to $120 NZ so don’t panic if you’re using them for light casual work you don’t need a trade quality tool.

the other brilliant pack I wished I seen a while back is the Ryobi Home Essentials Pack. See image below this focuses on the drill and all that can do for you, I would add a jigsaw skin and sander skin to get you really sorted for project work.       A really good target to aim forA really good target to aim forA really convenient all in one starterA really convenient all in one starterIncluded cos I always love a snagIncluded cos I always love a snag  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Geeting Started. Square one no tools

Hello @Madmoggy

Thank's for sharing that excellent guide on where to start with your tool collection. I agree that a lot of D.I.Y. enthusiasts are sometimes overwhelmed with the tool choices that are available to them. That picture you've posted pretty much covers all the basic tools you'll need to tackle a variety of D.I.Y. projects.

Again, thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Eric  

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects