Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I get an exact matching shade for my walls?

Neethi
Just Starting Out

How can I get an exact matching shade for my walls?

I want to do some painting on my walls, just some minor patches. How can I find a matching shade?

I bought the paint in the below picture and it ended in very big difference. Am I doing it totally wrong??

Since we cant go to the store, need some suggestion to select the paint.

IMG_7176.jpgBeforeBeforeAfterAfter

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How can I get an exact matching shade for my walls?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Neethi. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question on colour matching paint.

Was there a paint that you are using? In your picture, you have the Dulux 1L PRECISION Maximum Strength Adhesion Primer White, which is a primer that comes in a whitish colour. Its use is normally reserved for prepping shiny and hard to paint surfaces. There is no need for a primer for this wall, as it can be painted over with Dulux 1L Interior Paint Wash&Wear Low Sheen Vivid White tinted to the colour of your choice.

Unfortunately, to get the correct colour mixed up into paint, you need a paint match done on a sample you take into a store. Since that's not an option at the moment, you'll find all of Dulux's shades online to browse through. The likelihood of finding the exact colour without a colour match is not great. It'd be best to paint the whole wall and any adjoining walls. That way, any discrepancy won't be so obvious.

You don't still have the tin from the paint originally used to paint the wall, do you?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects