Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I attach VJ panels to a wall that is double brick, plastered and painted?

Completenovice
Just Starting Out

How do I attach VJ panels to a wall that is double brick, plastered and painted?

Love everyone’s panel photos, they look fantastic.

I would like to do a feature wall in our bedroom, our house is double brick that haas been plastered and then painted. Can I glue the panels straight to the wall?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do I attach VJ panels to a wall that is double brick, plastered and painted?

Hi @Completenovice,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us. 

This question has popped up previously on Workshop, so we have a Best Advice article that should assist you to get started on this project - How do you fix VJ to a brick wall?

Please have a read and let us know if you have any specific questions. We'd be happy to help.

Looking forward to seeing how you can transform your home.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I attach VJ panels to a wall that is double brick, plastered and painted?

Hello @Completenovice

Thank you for sharing your question about mounting EasyVJ panels. It is recommended by the manufacturer to install a timber batten frame onto the brick wall. However, if you are running into space and installation problems, I suggest using STAHL Masonry Kit 7mm Drill With 50mm Green Wall Plugs in combination with Liquid Nails Adhesive. You'll need to mark the position on the panel and the brick wall where you'll be placing the wall plugs and screws to keep everything lined up. 

Once the panels are in place you can cover the screw heads with some Parfix 500g Ready To Use Multipurpose Filler. Once the filler dries off, you can then sand it down and paint the panels to your preferred colour.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your EasyVJ panels installed.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects