Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I find a smart lock compatible with Ring Video Doorbell?

Peter999
Just Starting Out

How do I find a smart lock compatible with Ring Video Doorbell?

Looking to buy the Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2 and want to match with a compatible smart lock. 

Does Bunnings sell any that are compatible with Ring ? 

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How do I find a smart lock compatible with Ring Video Doorbell

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Peter999.

That's a great question. There's some information about choosing smart locks and video doorbells in this video. Let me tag @MitchellMc and @redracer01 to see if they are able to offer some advice on locks that are compatible with the Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How do I find a smart lock compatible with Ring Video Doorbell?

Hello @Peter999 

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop. After reading up on some literature about the Ring Video Doorbell it seems that it is compatible with devices that have that special function called Z-Wave. Listed below are the 3 compatible devices with said function.

Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-wave.

Kwikset SmartCode 916 Z-Wave Plus Deadbolt.

Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt, Z-Wave Plus.

There are dozens of reviews online about these products so you may have to read up and see which one you prefer for yourself. But from a general search online the Schlage brand has the most number of functions and is voted as best. These items need to be specially ordered from the specials orders desk and of course it wont hurt to ask the special orders team to confirm compatibility with your existing Ring device. If your Ring device is less than a year old then it should be up to date with the latest technology but if it is more than 2 years old. It is imperative that we confirm compatibility to make sure it will work with the lock systems. Older units might only be wifi or bluetooth enabled and not have the Z-Wave function. I hope this information helps.

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I find a smart lock compatible with Ring Video Doorbell?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Peter999. It's fantastic that you've joined us and many thanks for your question.

It's great to see the knowledgeable @redracer01 had already provided some helpful assistance.

If you were looking for something available in-store, you can use the Yale Assure Z Wave Wireless Network Module in conjunction with the Yale Satin Chrome Smart Deadbolt. The Z Wave module will allow you to connect the lock to your Ring system and be compatible with your Ring Video Doorbell Pro 2.

You'll find many products that use the Z Wave platform, including garage doors, lighting, power outlets and smoke detectors, to mention a few.

We look forward to you successfully automating the entrance to your home. Please let us know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects