Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I fix my floor?

Loop
Just Starting Out

How do I fix my floor?

So I'm renting a house with the (what I think is) laminate flooring. I put those felt pads on my bed to protect the floor but somehow they got flipped over and when I move the bed it tore the top wood looking bit off. How can I fix this? They aren't very deep but seem pretty big (see finger next to whole) 

20200731_080652.jpg

20200731_080638.jpg

  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I fix my floor?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Loop. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Do you happen to still have the chips that had been torn off as you can glue them back in place?

Alternatively, there is a Timbermate Timber Touch-up Kit Mixed Colours which can be used to disguise the damage. The kit is great for repairing small nicks, scrapes and chips. In your case, there is a large surface area which this kit is not specifically designed for, however, it will allow you to colour the internal brown timber closer to the surface effect.

Let me mention some members that a particularly knowledgable about timber @Brad, @APEX_Restore, @Poppop, @woodenwookie and @WoodenGregsWood to see if they might like to join the discussion.

Please let me know if you would like further information or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
woodenwookie
Making a Splash

Re: How do I fix my floor?

Look on the side of the road for old office desks that people are chucking out. This is the same stuff as most of those tops. You might be able to use that.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects