Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I make a stand for a 50L fish tank?

chrestella
Just Starting Out

How do I make a stand for a 50L fish tank?

Im looking at making a stand for my 50L fish tank for my daughter.  Wanting to make sure it can support up to 100kg just for safety. Not even sure where to start honestly.  the tank is  58.5 x 32 x 38.5 cm (LxDxH)

16294379310874272228379775158696.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how do I make a stand for a 50L fish tank?

Hello @chrestella

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you for joining us and sharing your question about how to make a stand for a 50-liter fish tank.

Building a stand for your fish tank is a fantastic D.I.Y. project. My apologies I did not see that you had posted the measurements already. I suggest as an option using a Pinnacle 1500 x 810 x 310mm 4 Shelf Unit. It can be assembled to a shorter height, and each shelf is rated to carry 160kg evenly spread. Let me make some basic plans and get back to you.

Let me tag our experienced members @JoeAzza and @TedBear for their recommendations.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How do I make a stand for a 50L fish tank?

Hi .@chrestella

Thank you @EricL

@barbthebuilder, has built a fish tank stand, it's in the Bunnings Workshop site. search for fish tank stand

JoeAzza_1-1629505382549.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects